Special public school registration for the kindergarten on St. Thomas-St. John for the 2015-2016 school year will begin from 2-5 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 7, at the Curriculum Center located next to the Fire Station in Estate Tutu. This Saturday’s registration is being conducted for all children who are not enrolled at Head Start centers. Subsequent Saturday kindergarten registrations will be held on Feb.21, March 7 and March 21.
The following documents are required to expedite the registration process:
• Original Birth Certificate
• Passport, Resident Card or Naturalization Certificate
• Virgin Islands Immunization Record and clearance form from the Immunization Clinic located at the Roy L. Schneider Regional Medical Center or East End Clinic in the Tutu Park Mall (Blue Slip or Green Slip)
• Report card or transcript from previous school
• Proof of physical address (for example, official document such as a WAPA bill, driver’s license, leasing document or any significant receipt showing name and street address of parent/guardian)
• Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan and evaluation data if applicable
• Photo ID of the parent/guardian who is registering a child
• Court documents granting guardianship if child is not living with one or both biological parents
Children entering kindergarten must be five-years-old on or before Dec. 31, 2015.
A biological parent or legal guardian must accompany a child enrolling from pre-schools, day care centers or those who are not in Head Start.
Public school registration for kindergarteners in the school district will also be held at the Curriculum Center, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. based on the Head Start center a child attends. Registration will be conducted by the following schedule:
Monday, Feb. 9 — Wilhelm George I; Tuesday, Feb. 10 — Wilhelm George II
Wednesday, Feb. 11 — Wilhelm George III; Tuesday, Feb. 17 — Wilhelm George IV
Wednesday, Feb. 18 — Savan Head Start; Monday, Feb. 23 — Knud Hansen I
Tuesday, Feb. 24 — Knud Hansen II; Wednesday, Feb. 25 — Lindbergh Bay Head Start
Monday, March 2 — Sugar Estate Head Start I; Tuesday, Mar. 3 — Sugar Estate Head Start II
Wednesday, Mar. 4 — Sugar Estate Head Start III; Monday, March 9 — Sugar Estate Head Start IV
Tuesday, March 10 — Minetta Mitchell I; Wednesday, March 11 — Minetta Mitchell II
Monday, March 16 — Minetta Mitchell III; Tuesday, March 17 — Minetta Mitchell IV
Wednesday, March 18 — Minetta Mitchell V; Thursday, March. 23 — Bovoni Head Start
2015-2016 Kindergarten Public School Registration for Head Start, Pre-Schools, and Day Care Centers for St. John will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, March 24, at the Cruz Bay Head Start Center.
The St. Thomas-St. John public school kindergarten registration schedule will be posted on the V.I. Department of Education’s Web site at www.vide.vi under the "Highlights" section of the homepage.
For more information on registering a child for public school on St. Thomas or St. John, contact St. Thomas-St. John District registrar Kim Harrigan at 775-2250, ext. 8524.
- Visitors Center
- Classified Ads