Secret Harbor is an excellent choice for couples and families alike. Whether you’re looking for a quiet place to drape yourself across a chaise and forget about things for a while, or for a spot where you can keep an eye on the little ones while basking beneath a coconut tree and enjoying a frosty bev, this beach is an excellent choice. The snorkeling is fantastic and easy to access and there’s even a big floating raft for an afternoon sunbath. Secret Harbor is a private beach resort, though, so always remember to be respectful when you go there.
- Adventure Factor: Medium
- Shade Factor: High
- Ocean patrol: Secret Harbor is nicely protected and generally quite calm. There is excellent snorkeling right off the beach, with coral scattered throughout the bay and jumbles of rock at the right and left sides. It’s a great intermediate snorkel with lots of fish and pretty coral to see for those acquainted with mask and snorkel but not ready to tackle the open ocean just yet.
- Food and Drink: A restaurant and mellow beach bar.
- Peace Factor: Medium to High.
- Sports: Snorkel gear, clear canoes and sea kayaks are for rent, and for those who want to take the plunge there is a full service 5-star PADI dive shop on the premises.
- Family Factor: High.
- Extras: Just about as nice as beaches come, there isn’t any need for extras.
- Getting There: Located off Route 322 East at the far east end of the island, Secret Harbor is accessible only by Taxi or car.