Your Island Home: Designing the Dream
- Track hoe rates can add up quickly
- Design a short driveway and low-footprint home
- Less disturbance means less to maintain
- Plan passive cooling features to save air conditioning costs.
- Conserve energy for lighting using solar and L.E.D. bulbs and fixtures
- Use solar and renewable energy systems that pay for themselves within a few years of operation
- Get a careful assessment of valuable native plants and trees before you cut!
- Create a plan that minimizes disruption to natural features and vegetation.
- Emphasize the use of native plants that work in harmony with the house.