The St. John Cancer Fund will host "Light Up the Night, St. John" on Feb 21-22, which will feature 18 hours of the best musicians in the islands, including Ah We Band, Inner Visions, In de Sand Band, Cirquetacular Entertainment, Dancing Classrooms and many more. The 18 hours will begin at 4 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 21, and end at 8 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 22.
This is a family-oriented, community-supported event, filled with music and activities for the entire family. The overnight experience is an alcohol and smoke free event, and 100 percent of the monies generated will go to the St. John Cancer Fund www.stjohncancerfund.org
Light up the Night, St John is an opportunity for the community to support cancer patients and to honor loved ones lost to cancer.
Teams of 10 persons or more are headed up by a team captain. The team has from now through the entire event to raise the money.
Teams participate in the walk, challenging their selves to stay on the track overnight. Participants are encouraged to stay for the whole event, listen to local talent under the stars, enjoy the fun activities and attend the moving ceremonies. Put your thinking cap on to plan your team theme, tent decorations and costumes. It all adds color to the event. While it’s not compulsory to dress up, many teams do. From superheroes of hope to clowns, pirates and space outfits, dressing in theme is a great way to get a team to have fun.
Each team must raise a minimum of $1,000. Each team member pays a registration fee of $100; there are no age limitations or fitness requirements. Children’s teams under the age of 18 must have an adult team captain. All are welcome.
The team development chairman is Tim Hanley. For more information, contact- him at Tim@stjohnbrewers.com
Just the facts
1) Saturday, February 21 until Sunday, February 22
2) Winston Wells Ball Field, Cruz Bay
3) Set up time is noon
4) Start at 4 p.m. sharp
5) End 8 a.m., Sunday, February 22
6) Each team must have a minimum of 10 members and raise a minimum of $1000. Checks must be made to: Community Foundation Virgin Island (CFVI)
7) Each team will be assigned a location on the field by noon on the event day.
8) Teams should provide a 10×10 tent and choose a theme for their team — be creative, have fun! Bring lounge chairs, blow up mattress and stay for the whole event.
9) Teams may sell food, beverages and other items during the event for their fund-raising efforts
Team captains, be sure to get cell phone and e-mail of each team member; it is your responsibility to communicate to your team.
- Visitors Center
- Classified Ads